The ABC would like to help you vote, indeed they do their very best every day to help you vote.
But even more than that, and in case you were thinking of voting Liberal, they offer the Vote Compass to help you overcome any confusion about which party you should really vote for.
I just filled in several pages of questionaire and discovered that I was pretty much in the centre of the spectrum between social conservatism and social liberalism, and slightly to the right of centre on the economy. Interestingly, among the issues that I might have taken an interest in when it came to making a decision, there was no mention of being able to balance a budget.
If you are confused about your own place in the political landscape let me offer a much more efficient path to a sensible decision. Just answer the following questions …
- Are you intelligent, rich and successful? Yes/No
- Would you like to be intelligent, rich and sucessful? Yes/No
- Are your spouse or children intelligent, rich and sucessful? Yes/No
- Would you like your spouse or children one day to seem to be intelligent, rich and sucessful? Yes/No
- Do you have a pulse? Yes/No
If you answered yes to one or more of these vote Liberal.