Passenger Josephine Croft did not see anything but it was the sound that worried her.
“Hearing the engine switch off and the whole ‘gah-gunk’ [sound] was the first time I’ve actually felt like I’m sitting in the air in an aircraft and I’m not sure I’m ever going to be on the land again,” she said.
Reports the ABC.
They’re organising a protest march in the US in support of women’s rights.
Apparently the Washington Post Express is all in favour. But it does seem to have made an odd choice of symbol …
Not uncommon amongst cyclists.
Filed by our Warracknabeal correspondent …
Australian bush etiquette is world famous but in case you may have forgotten the finer details …
- Never take an open stubby to a job interview…
- Always identify people in your paddocks before shooting at them.
- It’s tacky to take an Esky to church.
- If you have to vacuum the bed, it’s time to change the sheets.
- Even if you’re certain you’re included in the will, it’s rude to take your ute and trailer to the funeral.
- When decanting wine from the box, tilt the paper cup and pour slowly so as not to bruise the wine.
- If drinking directly from the bottle, hold it with only one hand.
Entertaining at Home:
- A centrepiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
- Don’t allow the dog to eat at the table, no matter how good his manners.
- While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this should be done in private, using one’s OWN ute keys.
- Even if you live alone, deodorant isn’t a waste of money.
- Extensive use of deodorant can only delay bathing by a few days.
- Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a no-no,it alters the taste of finger foods and if you are a woman it can draw attention away from your jewellery.
- Crying babies should be taken to the lobby and picked up after the movie ends.
- Refrain from yelling abuse at characters on the screen. Tests have proven they can’t hear you.
- Livestock is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
- For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A tracksuit with a cummerbund and a clean football jumper can create a tacky appearance.
- Though uncomfortable, say “yes” to socks and shoes for the occasion.
- Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles, even if your gun’s loaded and the roo’s in your rifle sight.
- When entering a roundabout, the vehicle with the largest roo bar doesn’t always have the right of way.
- Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
- When sending your wife down the road to fill up a petrol can, it’s impolite to ask her to bring back beer too.